Want to improve your visibility when driving, especially at night?
As highly skilled experts, the team at VIP Garage is on top of the constantly changing car technology breakthroughs. One major strength in the vehicle manufacturing industry is the introduction of HID Xenon/ LED headlights, which greatly improve visibility at night. These can be fitted as an alternative to standard halogen bulbs.
Thanks to our reliable Birmingham service, high intensity discharge lighting can be safely installed as part of a conversion on all cars and motorcycles. Named after the gases inside, Xenon HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs contain two electrodes and are also filled with Xenon gas. When the bulb is switched on, the Xenon gas lights up. This is due to the current passing between electrodes. The Hi-Lite Industries bulb will stay lit thanks to other gases once the desired lamp temperature is reached. With a unique blue or ice white tint and extreme brightness, this popular feature adds an extra touch of style.
If you are based in Birmingham or the West Midlands and would like information on HID Xenon / LED headlight conversion, VIP Garage is a family-friendly and affordable choice. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
What are the benefits of HID Xenon / LED headlights?
- HID Xenon lights are more durable when compared with halogen lights. Thanks to the lack of filament, the bulbs can withstand greater vibration and shock from the road.
- There is a much greater lifespan than standard vehicle bulbs. HID bulbs last ten times longer than halogen bulbs, with at least 3,000 hours available. In some cases, HID can last more than 10,000 hours. This saves money and trouble as there is less chance you will have to deal with a broken light.
- Visibility is enhanced thanks to the greater output of light. HID bulbs are up to three times brighter than standard halogens which, at night, is crucial. Driving with the white/ blue light creates a clearer view of the road as the sharp light penetrates darkness better with 25% more light. Safety is improved in conditions such as rain and fog.
- Power consumption is lower, using only 65% of the power used by halogen bulbs.
- The viewing radius increases by up to 70% with Xenon HID light bulbs. This means as a driver you have 70% wider road coverage thanks to the brightness. The bulbs will illuminate blind spots on the road and assist you in spotting potential road hazards such as debris and animals. Peripheral vision is enhanced.
- Converted HID bulbs offer the same function and intensity as the factory HID system that comes included in luxury imported vehicles.
- Viewing radius standard HID lights 30% 30%
- Viewing radius XENON HID lights 100% 100%
HID xenon lights
With all these benefits to gain by using xenon lights, you may wonder why they are not even more widespread then they already are. There is an issue of cost and also a lot of people don’t have the time to drive to a mechanic or just install the lights themselves. While the really high end xenon HID light kits cost up to a few thousand dollars through car manufacturers like Audi, BMW, Honda, Nissan, Mercedes, Toyota, and others there are affordable xenon bulbs that can be bought online direct from the bulb manufacturers for under £10. At VIP Window Tinting xenon lights from Hi-Lite Industries can be found to fit almost any car at a very reasonable price. According to the website installation can be done by anyone without any car repair experience in under 15 minutes. While that may be an exaggeration for a soccer mom, but it should take no more than 20 minutes to stick 2 light bulbs in their sockets.